1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice, please help. Feeling lost :help:

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by smokey93, Jan 17, 2016.

1. smokey93

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys,

I'm in a LDR with my boyfriend of 7 months and throughout the relationship, he has been telling me he can't be with me forever even though he loves me.

Although I know that to be true(he loves me) we always end up concluding that we probably could use some time to see if we could make it work or not. But whenever he sees pictures of girls online and likes those pictures, it really hurts me. I'm not telling him that it hurts cos I want him to express himself fully and not have to hide things from me.

I am really lost as to if I should just hang on and hope or to leave him and wish him the best. I do not want to see him hurt and unhappy being with me and not being able to fulfill his desires and wants but it actually is difficult to communicate with him regarding this issue because we always do not come to the important point.

He's 20 and I'm 22, should I give him some more time? :help:

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, it sounds like he wants to break off the relationship because it's a long distance relationship. You should try to see where your relationship stands at the moment and ask yourself if this is the relationship you want to be involved in. It's also about you, just as its about him. There's a balance. You shouldn't have to make yourself suffer for his happiness and no person deserves that. Not even you. It's not easy to be in a LDR. Consider what you want out of this relationship and if it doesn't match, you should have a talk. You said sometimes it doesn't come to an important point, and that can be a red flag. The decision is ultimately up to you, though I'd say not give him any time, for your sake. If he doesn't want to give himself 100 percent, then there will always be someone else that will.

3. DougTheBicycle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello!

Let's dive right in.

Long distance relationships are hard. This is a fact. The relationship I'm currently in, we spent the first three years (essentially) long distance. And there is one important fact the people seem to overlook.

Communication is key.

When you don't get to see each other all that often, you have to rely on either verbal communication (over the phone) or written forms of communication. Skype is a blessing, as spotty as it can be. You need to talk to him. Plain and simple.

No relationship can properly function if one of the people involved doesn't think it will work, and the other isn't expressing their feelings. You need to tell him how you feel. Explain to him how his actions affect your emotions, and then see where the conversation goes. I'm not saying you should demand that he change himself immediately to please you. But see if a compromise can be reached. See if he's willing to work something out with you.

And if he doesn't care, isn't willing to talk about it, or reacts in a way that invalidates your feelings, it might be time to move on. You need to be with someone that will listen when you talk, and work through whatever issues you're having. Relationships require 100% from everyone involved. If not everyone is willing to do that, then the relationship has run its course.

Hope this was helpful!