1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I Make A New Twitter?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Jan 19, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

Okay, I have twitter. however, I don't really use it and when I do, I usually just retweet stuff that I like and that's about it.

My parents have twitter also but my dad does not use it very often and I am not even following him on twitter. My mom has a twitter and she usually uses it to spy on my brother who is away at college.(There's a huge reason for that but I am not going to share it on here.)

Anyways, sometimes when I am on twitter I feel like I can't actually post what I want on twitter because I know that my mom would see it and would make a fuss about it. Mind you, I do not have any like weird stuff on twitter but like just quotes and funny videos and people tweeting about life and stuff.

So I had reposted a quote from a psychology thread that I follow basically saying that I have to know myself in order to love myself and be happy.

My mom saw it and was like"Who are you?"

And I was like" I just like what it says mom"

She was like "You have to know what it means in order to repost it."

I told her that I do understood what it means but I am really tired of her looking at my twitter and because of that I barely post any of my own tweets because of her.

Should I make a new twitter?

2. itsbrooklyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you feel that your privacy is being invaded by her, just create a new one and make it something that she generally wouldn't think about searching or try to find, but incase she is the type of person who easily suspects things just occasionally go into your old one and retweet something so it makes it seem like you're still active

3. Stoccata

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Frankly it's none of her business what you post. She should either deal with it or not follow you. If she doesn't like that you could always just block her. You're an adult, you can do what you want. You shouldn't have to make a new account just to post what you want without her getting on your case.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Any chance it's her awkward way to give you the opportunity to come out to her? (can't tell from your out status if she's in the know or not).

Yup you can always make a new twitter username, don't use your full name or use an email address known to her to create the twitter account. You can also make the twitter only visible to followers, limits nosy people but also limits your audience to followers, really depends on the purpose of your tweets.