1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

meeting other people?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by quietafterrain, Jan 21, 2016.

1. quietafterrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm currently a college student and was wondering where are great places to meet other lesbians? I've been thinking a lot about dating recently, except I have no idea how I should go about meeting someone. Personally, I don't really do online dating (i've tried dating apps, but I don't want to just hook up), and would rather meet people in person. I've heard our schools LGBT club is okay, and recently I've turned 21 and have yet to go to a bar. I'm also pretty introverted, so I don't go out to bars or parties all that much anyway.

I'm just not sure how to go about meeting people to date long term.

2. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really an expert at dating or meeting other people. :icon_wink However, I will say that your school's LGBT club sounds like a good start! You should be able to make some friends if nothing else - and you never know who a friend might then introduce you to. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

We have a great thread here called "Looking for a relationship: simpler than you think". It might be worth a browse for inspiration!

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with Glenn. Just try out the LGBT club and who knows?

4. quietafterrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I guess I should rephrase what I meant. It's just I said our schools LGBT club was "okay," cause I heard it wasn't that good. I guess outside of school groups, actual clubs/bars and online dating. How can you meet other LGBT people?

5. SapphireShores

Out Status:
    A few people
    lol I see you are in WA state, if you like exotics, you could come to a reptile expo, its terrifically hard to find straight people there :grin:

There are some great sex positive places in Seattle that have all kinds of groups that several of my friends go to. I can't drive or I'd have a personal review :slight_smile: