1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I tell him my feelings?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Counting Stars, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    So I've been crushing on someone for a while now, and I am always a shy, reserved and soft-spoken person. That is, I never tell anyone my feelings. :***:

But this time, I decide I want to improve and give us a chance by telling him on the day that I'll be flying back to my hometown for 3 weeks. I thought that is a good time because then if I get rejected (which is very likely), I get to spend 8 hours on a plane crying & 3 weeks being really far from him and to get over him. :tears:

But my personality keeps telling me otherwise: hold back until my feelings are gone. I have been doing this for years and it has made me single AF until today. So is it a good idea to tell him at all? Should I risk everything? Should I really confess to him even though I'm quite certain he doesn't feel the same? Is it worth knowing? How do I deal with rejection? :bang:

2. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hello! Your situation is similar very similar mine. I say go for! Life is short and can vanish at any time. It's imperative that we live it without regrets and accept every opportunity that comes our way despite the possibility of failure. If he says no, then mourn for bit and search on. The world is a large place and I'm sure you'll find another who will embrace you unconditionally. So go for it! Rejection sucks but at least you can take comfort in that you tried and that you no longer have to worry about what could have been. Besides I'm sure you chances are far higher than mine! Hope this helps! Best of luck!

3. kill97you3

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi i am Malaysian too. I think u should go for it rather than sitting and do nothing.

4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yes you should confess.
    There's always a chance that the person may like you.
    In the end people regret not doing some things more than doing some things. Soumds cheesy but it's true.
    Go ahead, have courage mate and tell him.
    And oh 3 weeks is a good enough to get over someone.
    All the best :slight_smile:

5. Counting Stars

I'm a Malaysian Chinese. Now living in Sydney
    Thanks guys. But you say it like it's so easy. I always find myself pushing people further the more I like him. Oh, and my crush is gay too btw.