1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okey to share bed?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Cookielower, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Simple question, can two guys share a bed?
    The problem is, in a few weeks I am going on a trip with some friends, and we have to share room two and two. One of my closer friends asked me if I wanted to share room with him.
    We go along pretty well, so of course I would love to share a room with him.
    The only problem is I am closed gay, and have started to get a small crush on him in the last few weeks. Have never felt anything sexual against him before, so no idea what made me suddenly feel different around him.
    I have no idea if he is straight. We are very close so I have thoyght of him being bi or gay, but maybe it's just me overthinking because we are such good friends.

My problen is that I would love to share room with him, but afraid that something might happen that would ruin our great friendship. One night would be fine I guess, but this trip are for 5 whole days. What should I do, and what do I do if I get aroused by him?
    And last, is it wrong of me to say yes to share room with him when I know that I have a crush on him?
    Please some advice, any thought? Anything I should do or say?
    Afraid to tell him that I am gay because it might maje the whole situation of sharing room kind of awkward. I allready said yes to sharing a room with him, so think it is kind of settled... :/

2. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Firstly Welcome to EC! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time here

Have a pillow wall in between both of you. Make sure he doesn't see you get hard. I'm sure that'll be it.

There's nothing wrong in sharing a room with him even though you know you have a crush on him. You're friends, good friends even as you say, so there shouldn't be anything strange about it. Don't worry or anything, I'm sure it'll go fine.

On another note, you could try to find out if he is straight or not in the duration of the trip (Not that it should matter though :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:).

Hope that helps. :wink:

#2 Ram90, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  3. Cookielower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the reply :wink:

Well yeah, pillow might work, but we are usually very close so I am kind of afraid that he will questioning the pillow thing. We can sit way too close for two guys when watching movies, and it have never been a problem either. So if I use the pillow and excuse myself with that I need some personal space he sure won't believe me, and then understand that somethings up.
    Even if we choose to share bed without a pillow, is it wrong of me. I know I won't act on it (even how turned on I get) but what do I do if he lead on to something sexual. Yes, he might be straight, but really I have no clue. So what do I do if he tries to do something. Should I just go with it, or tell him to stop and think things over?

#3 Cookielower, Jan 22, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  4. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So are you sharing a room or bed?

I mean this is very much culturally bound. In my culture not even close male friends share beds as that is deemed gay. However, one of my closest (male) friend is Iranian and we pretty much always sleep in the same bed and occasionally even spoon. Now I have no idea is this normal in Iranian culture or if my friend is gay or bisexual. He insists he is not gay and to be honest I don't really care much if he is or not.

Occasionally I also get hard on with him but I just hide it. Naturally I won't spoon him with hard on as that's bound to freak him out if he is not into men.

I don't see any moral problem with sharing the room or bed with him even if you have a crush on him. There should not be any problem if you think you are able to contain yourself and not do anything that might upset him. Don't get too drunk if you fear you might feel tempted to make an attempt on him.

5. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you're not comfortable with the pillow wall, you don't have to go for it. :slight_smile:. It's not wrong of you to share a bed, try to get that thought out of your head. There isn't anything wrong, trust me. (*hug*). When you're sure you won't act on it, no matter how turned on you might get, then you're completely safe. It shows you're in control of your emotions and actions and that is what matters.

As for whether he tries to do something, why don't you wait and see. I feel there is no point in wondering that now is there? :slight_smile:. Give it time and see. If he does something, you can assess that then and there. Keep us up to and date and I'm sure we can help you figure it out. :slight_smile:

At the end of the day he is your friend. You know him better than any of us. :slight_smile:

6. SapphireShores

Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not a man, but I would snuggle anything that moves if it was socially acceptable. However, its a physical want as my family wasn't physically affectionate, it has no sexual component for me usually. I just want the oxytocin :wink:

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    As long as you contain yourself around him, you're good! :grin:

8. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If you're going on a trip and staying in a nice hotel then it might be two beds. (especially if its 2 people sharing a room) if not and you are REALLY desperate fall asleep on the couch on "accident"

Not much else to say goodluck!

9. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've done it before, spent a whole week sleeping on the same mattress as a straight friend of mine. He knew my sexuality, and although he was a little apprehensive, it was fine. I think the key factor was that we were going to bed simply to sleep, not to sleep together, if that makes sense. I think that intention is what made it easier for me, however, I never had a crush on him, so it might be a little different for you.
    Hope this helps a little bit, on top of what's already been said (which I totally agree with)!

10. joshvolby

if something might come up between the two of you at night just make sure its not you who do the first step. but if ever things gets awkward during your bed times just go to the bath room and do your thing. oh and the couch is always there for you. just tell him "i don't feel like sharing bed so ill just sleep on the couch". also there is a high chance that you will see him half naked or just wearing his underwear so CONTAIN YOURSELF ^^. just giving you an idea you can sneak and sniff his used undies! WAIT WHAT OK DONT DO THAT.

#10 joshvolby, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  11. Fighter694

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    i have shared a bed with guys whom i have had crushes on, i think it should be ok!