1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friend Trouble

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lilgoldfish, Jan 23, 2016.

1. lilgoldfish

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been friends with this one guy I met in summer camp of 2015. We've been really close--he's actually the first person I came out to--but lately, we've been getting... distant. We really can only communicate over text and sometimes skype, but the conversations are awkward. This started in December, then he left for a huge trip; when he came back, things were worse than before, I feel. Our friendship really means a lot to the both of us, though... thoughts?

2. Erzulie

Just keep talking to him, that's the most important if you don't want the friendship to fade away. What you're going through happens sometimes with close friends when you start to talk less often, and are far apart geographically. Every conversation doesn't have to be deep or meaningful and once you let go of those expectations, the talking might go better. Just a suggestion.

3. Spiderstalker

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

4. H20

H20

Unfortunately this happens a lot when growing up. Sometimes you can make it seem like old times, other times your friendship just fades in the end. Friends do come and go in life. But maybe something's bothering him? You can try to talk to him about it and see if he's distracted by something going on in his life. Or life might just be uneventful for the both of you right now. I had this problem when I moved away and my friends and I stopped chatting because we couldn't find anything to talk about, but also, if you're just texting/skyping, the interaction is likely going to feel different because you're not actually together if you get what I mean. You two should try to plan something together and make sure everyone else around you know that's your day/time together.

Hope it works out.

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe he has a lot on his plate and doesn't have time for talking. Just keep talking to him and mention that you're there if he wants to talk.