1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falling for my best friend?!? Help please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BandQueen, Jan 23, 2016.

1. BandQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I've recently came out to one of my best friends Hailey (she's pan btw) and I really like her. She's everything I want in a girl. There's a winter formal coming up at our school, and I want to ask her to go with me. I'm only out to her and my mom, but I'm sick of hiding my sexuality from my other friends, but I'm also not sure how other kids at our school would react to is going together . Any advice would be helpful Thanks!

2. MaximusMike

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Is Hailey out at school? If so, has she had any negative experiences with it? Is the school open to having same-sex couples at the formal?

I think that you should pursue it, but I'd be wary of the blowback. Living in a conservative state, I imagine that there is still some prejudice about it, but I can also imagine that high school students are more progressive than most of the older generations in such a state.

I hope that helps a bit, and good luck!

3. BandQueen

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She's out to a few people and most have been accepting about it, and I don't know if my school would even be open to having same sex couples there, but my government teacher and my math teacher are involved with putting the dance together and they are both very accepting of lgbt people. So I think they'll be fine with it. Thanks for your help btw it helps a lot.