1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Right time to ask him out on a date.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by StartANewLifE, Jan 24, 2016.

1. StartANewLifE

So I've been talking to this guy I met online for almost a month now (tomorrow will be our first month conversing). The thing is he's pretty busy. Despite that we still manage to talk almost everyday, except when he says that he has a lot of work-load and when I myself has a lot of school works to do (We easily tell each other that we have to do something and be cool with that).

I want to ask him out on a date.

But. But I already asked him like one week into our conversation on which he declined, stating that he want us to know each other first. He's also almost a decade older than me which adds to the pressure.

I want to ask him out but don't want to come off as being too desperate nor pushy about it. That's why I'm thinking of asking him anytime this week. His only break is on Sundays. And I'm planning to date him on the 31st. Not on the Feb 7th nor 14th cause it would seem like I'm only talking to him so I can have a date on Valentines. Which I'm not. (He's really an intriguing person and I want to see him personally as we are not friends on any other social media sites. Except the app where we met)

So do you think is this the right time? Or should I wait longer?

And any advice on dating someone older?

2. VampireGrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you should wait longer. You've already been talking for a month, which is a pretty long time already before meeting someone. You probably already know a lot about each other. I went into a first date with someone who I had met online and talked to for about a month as well. I was nervous we wouldn't have much to talk about since we had been talking so long and knew a lot about each other already. It ended up not being an issue at all. But why waste your time chatting long term with someone who is going to keep backing out on the real deal? I would bring it up again. If he needs a lot more time, I'd probably move on. As for dating older, it's not a big deal. You're 20, so I assume he's almost 30. You are most likely at rather different points in your life, but as long as you're both cool with that then it doesn't matter. A lot of the time it almost seems expected for the older guy on the date to carry the conversations, show more interest, pay, etc. So just make sure you try to keep things equal. Since you're the one initiating the date, I don't think this will be an issue. Also make sure the first time you meet is somewhere public. I'm sure you already know the potential risks of meeting people online. Best of luck!