1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Love With My Best Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heyjude, Jan 25, 2016.

1. heyjude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi, I'm new at this, but I could use some help. You see, I came out to my best friend 3 years ago...the same day he came out to me. And we seemed fine at first. We talked about boys and who was cute or not. We even played that silly game, Smash or Pass. That was until I finally got the courage to tell him I liked him. He said it was okay and nothing would change. Nonetheless, everything did change. We completely fell apart. It came to the point of me telling him I didn't like him anymore. We were fine after that for about two years. Then I realized not only was I not over him, but I was in love. I've never told him, so there shouldn't be a reason for him acting the way he is now. Lately, he's been a jerk to me. He blows me off for no reason. I ask him to hang out and he says I'm boring. He calls me lazy. I try to laugh it off and say yea I know I am, but it hurts. Yes, I can be lazy, but so can he. I feel so victimized. My mom says I shouldn't be friends with him, but I love him. He's my best friend and I couldn't stand losing him. Please help...

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with your mom, if he's treating you like shit, dump his ass. A friendship should be healthy, what you described is unhealthy. I think that he has problems and is taking it out on you.

3. heyjude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people