1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing Reality

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lostboy94, Jan 25, 2016.

1. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    First some backround. I suffer from sever deppression and was in therapy and improving until my parents pulled me out of it in October. They found out my therapist was transgender and therefore biased they wanted me to see someone who was a ex conversion therapist (I say ex because that has been outlawed in U.s) I choose to stop therapy all together. Around the same time my friend group of 3 became 1. This was due to various reasons that are not relevant. I just came to the (obvious now I realize it) conclusion that I am not going to become stable with my mental stuff for foreseeable future because my parents cause me stress which then causes a severe regression in my mental health. I get semi better over few months at college than go back home abd regress its a vicious cycle. I am feeling like a shitty friend to one I have left because he's only one I have to talk too abd generally hang out with so I'm clingy. I have tried to make more friends with little success. There is no where I csn get therapy and I don't know what to do. Idk if anyone has ideas

2. Really

I'm sorry you're suffering so. A few things come to mind.

Does your college have some sort of Student Services you could check out for counseling? It is probably free or very cheap for the students.

Second, if possible, I would stay at school during the breaks if your parents make you so miserable. Nobody needs that, especially if you're on shakey ground emotionally.

Take a look here and see if any of these search results might help you.

Also, I don't know if you're at this point yet or you think this might apply to you but this coming out advice video by Dan Savage has some good suggestions for dealing with parents.

If you're studying something that has you working in pairs or groups for projects, I would take the opportunity to try to let some of your special qualities come out so others can see what a cool person you are and will be drawn to you. Maybe you have a quirky sense of humour or are extra patient and helpful with classmates who are struggling. Something that will make the others take notice of you. Ask some of them to meet for lunch or go to some event at school or watch some sports team - anything just to hang out.

Hang in there.

3. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea I can not stay at school during breaks. I have already used the two counseling sessions we get a year.

---------- Post added 26th Jan 2016 at 07:57 PM ----------

I just watched that video. Holy shit. Yes. If my mother and father continues after college likes this I am doing this. This was already the plan but this video makes it so much easier to accept that fact. They are paying for college so I have to give in to the tantrum.

#3 lostboy94, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  4. lostboy94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am just going to piggyback on this post because its a continuation of the last. The one friend I have left is avoiding me more and more. I am in survival mode. I have tried to make friends with others through clubs and class but no one wants to hang out outside of those things. I have gotten numbers and texted people but no one usually responds and if they do they always say they're busy. Spring break is in a week i applied for interim housing and it was denied. If anyone has any ideas please please tell me.