1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Me Please (Homophobic Parents Making Things Hard)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by femininemale, Jan 27, 2016.

1. femininemale

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I need help trying to figure out what i want to do with my life, like stay with my religious homophobic family or do what i want to and stay the way i am and stray away from my family. I mean i love them but i just dont agree at all with some things they have to say or do or make me do or believe.

To give you an idea what im going through, i consider myself genderfluid. Meaning i like being a guy and girl. I brought up to my mother that i may be bisexual because im attracted to other guys, and she flipped. Instantly talking about diseases and sexual things when im like "Im just saying i may want to rely on one emotionally". Needless to say my father wouldnt be happy either if he found out. he once threatened to cut a "certain part of me" off if i turned gay.

So yeah, i need help. Well, i need to become 18 and then get out of this house, but it doesnt seem even once im 18 i will have the ability to move out.

So what do you think i should do, stay with my family and disregard these feelings of wanting to have attraction to other guys and dress like a girl or do what i want to and be myself and just tell my parents to shove it?

2. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might want to keep your head down while you're still living with them. It sucks to hide a part of yourself, but it sound like you might be in physical danger and you're almost an adult, so it isn't too much longer before you can be you. And as soon as you can, get out of that house. It sounds like your parents aren't, at the very least, good for you emotionally. At least that's my -probably bad- advice. Good luck!

3. joshvolby

just take it easy, i know it will be hard for you but the best option is to hide yourself once you are done in college or have a regular job and save more than enough. then get out and enjoy yourself being a genderfluid.

4. BioChemist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I am in the same boat with homophobic parents. If you are fearful of your father's potentially aggressive response to you, I think the best idea is to wait until you have the ability to support yourself. Maybe you could get a job and save up enough money to move out in a year or two?