1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Okay let's talk about trust.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by usagi, Jan 27, 2016.

1. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    HI, EC

The problem is now that we are closer and becoming friends seem to have vanished from the opinions plate, it's all or nothing at this point. We are too sexually attracted to each other to be just friends. Plus I am now 100 percent sure I like him like him.

He asks questions which requires a certain level of trust and while I would love to be open with him, I don't completely trust him. He doesn't completely trust me either. I'm afraid of being that vulnerable with him because that would open my heart up to being hurt. Having my life outside of our unique relationship remain a mystery protects me. He has been pretty open about his life but part of me feels like it's easy for him because he won't be as invested. I think our ability to share ourselves with people holds a different amount of importance. I know that if there is to be any further progression on the romantic level I have to trust him enough for him to trust me.

My questions are how do I build trust? How do I know if I can trust him? Does it all come down to a leap of fate And accepting hurt as a possible outcome?

2. Ryuji35

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I know the answer. I haven't been into any kind of relationship because of this very exact issue.

But there's no way to build trust than opening up. Like people keep saying to me here, if you want to connect with someone, you have to take risks. There is no guarantee that you won't be hurt when you fall in love, and there's definitely no guarantee he won't hurt you either.

Love and be hurt or don't love at all (I chose the latter and believe me, it's not the right choice.)

3. joshvolby

take a leap! you wont go anywhere just by holding back. but before you do that ask yourself if you are ready to get hurt.