1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get over someone?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dapat, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Dapat

Dapat Guest

I have been crushing on this guy whos one of my friends for like 2 years now. It's weird because they weren't even that great a person when I started liking them (though they've changed a fair bit since then, he's a great guy). Space hasn't worked as I've gone for school holidays (months) without seeing him. One time they mentioned being bicurious, which shouldn't be a big deal but it made it a lot more difficult to stop thinking about them, like I was unintentionally clinging to a strand of hope. Although I am crushing on him really bad, his presence really annoys me as I'm always reminded of the extremely tiny chance his feelings could ever match my own. Every photo I see of him, every reference by a friend to him- it annoys me for the same reason.

TL;DL: how would someone like myself lose a crush on someone where using space as a solution does not work?

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    If he asks to hang out, say you're busy. Try a new hobby, hang out with other people, anything that'll take your mind off of him.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, for most people hearing from the person in question that they are not interested in you now or ever does the trick. So if you feel that you could tell him about your feelings and perhaps tell him you need to take some space for this reason might work out.

4. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I find the best way to get over someone is to not try to get over them. Instead of resisting, you could accept that you like this person and let it pass.

5. Dapat

Dapat Guest

Thanks for the responses everyone. It's awful how often our romantic feelings get in the way of a simple friendship.
    Since I plan on coming out soon, I suppose that once I do that, I could just do what Euler suggested by telling him. He's the kind of guy to be flattered when another person likes him, regardless of their sex. Hopefully when I do this, it serves some value in this.