1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with crushes?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ZestyLion, Jan 31, 2016.

1. ZestyLion

Okay, so I have an issue...

I met a guy two years ago and I instantly fell in love with him. I made the mistake of telling him too soon, and he told me we weren't each other's type. So immediately I started to move on and try and forget what had happened, and I convinced myself that it was merely a blind crush because he was gay. However, now that I talk to him more and more, I just keep getting more emotional and my feelings are getting stronger and stronger. Now the bigger problem is this...

The guy is that type of person you would expect if you thought of a gay guy who tries to hook up with everybody. I've talked to him and it seems like he has crushes on lots of people, but he isn't that interested or invested in many of them. We usually have conversations about loving each other and we "flirt" consistently, pretending what we're saying is simply being "smooth." I'm not sure where he stands with it, but I am truly in love with him, and I am not saying I love him out of friendship. I don't know how to approach this, and I don't want to ruin anything. I've been in this situation for a while now (maybe a few weeks) and it's getting to the point where all I can think about is him.

Please help me if you can, because I've never been in a relationship, and I don't know how to do anything along those lines. :help: