1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting bored of people

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lovetoomuch, Jan 31, 2016.

1. lovetoomuch

Hi there, so I have a worry based on my habits in the past. It seems like whenever I make a new friend, I really enjoy talking to the person at first, but then get "bored" of the person. I don't know if the conversation dies down or there is less to talk about, but I just end up being less excited by conversation. I'm saying this more in the sense of messaging or texting. I will talk to the person and have some great conversations. But then after talking a few times, I don't respond all the time and I never seem to start the conversation.

Firstly, I'm a terrible person for doing that and I know it (try not to judge). I previously was a great texter and kept the conversations going; nowadays, the person is lucky if I respond after 5 messages.
    I really worry about this when getting in a relationship. This seems to happen to me only with texting, so I guess as long as I see the person often, I don't have a problem. Hypothetically though, if we weren't living together, I would likely have to call / text the person often.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I know I could force myself to respond, but that's not my worry - I'm just worried about how bored I get of conversations / talking to people (and I wonder if this means I'll get bored of future boyfriends). Any advice is appreciated.