1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To go or not to go to a party

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by pestjohnbuda, Feb 1, 2016.

1. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,
    So there is a party coming saturday, and it basically is set up from a random groupschat (in which I wasn't involved) from last year, and this year they tried to blow some fresh air in it and host a party again. A good friend of mine decided to put me in the group as well, although I don't know if the people who are having the party really like me. What should I do? Should I go, and maybe the people having the party don't like it, or play safe, even though I'm already in the groupschat? There isn't really a host or something, more just people with random connections who decided to have a good night out together.

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would go, what do you have to lose ? In the worst case you won't hit it off and then you won't have to see them ever again, or in the contrary you'll hit it off really well at the party and will become the best of friends, all in all I can't see why going would be a bad idea. :slight_smile:

3. Dapat

Dapat Guest

I agree with Linning. There isn't much of a downside. You'd get out, you could learn a bit about these people... but to be honest, it depends on the kind of party.

Parties with me and my friends usually are just playing games with a large group of people, watching movies and stuff. We're about the same age, I'd go, though be careful. If things get out of hand, do the obvious and leave immediately. Though in my experience, parties at our age are pretty chill environments.

Is this 'good friend' going? If they are, make sure you watch out for one another.

4. Elli

Go. I've been to houseparties before where I knew like 2 people out of 12, it's a great chance to meet some new friends and if you should really feel utterly uncomfortable because of whatever reasons, you could still leave.

Go for it! You regret the things you didn't do the most!

5. joshvolby

just go and enjoy life have fun!

6. BookWriter1994

You should go! It could be fun!

7. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your comments! As you said, I'll probably go. The most important reason being your advices, you're right, what do I have to lose. Also, the very good friend of mine tells me that I don't have anything to lose and that from his point of view (he knows these people better than me) they're ok with it, so we'll find out. Hope that it will be fun, and that this maybe gets me to lay better in the group I hope :grin: Thanks all!

8. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)