1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating while hooking up with someone else.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by usagi, Feb 1, 2016.

1. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, EC

So I've been thinking a lot about this. I've been hooking up with the same guy for about four months. I am definitely into the whole package. There are some trust issues that need to be worked on in that situation but I don't always see this becoming anything more. While I try to stay an active dater this problem has started to arise, I think my feelings towards my hook up are getting in the way of me connecting with anyone else. I am ready to explore real relationship possibilities but I don't necessarily won't to give up my relationship with him.

Do you guys think I have to give him up to find what I'm looking for or is there some kind of happy resting place?

#1 usagi, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, I'm a bit confused - if you're "into the whole package" with this guy, why not pursue a relationship with him? Or is that not an option (he's not interested, wants to keep it casual, etc.)?

My general feeling would be that if you find yourself wanting something that you're not getting, or not going to get, from him, then the "whole package" might not be as appealing as you thought. No harm done if your expectations have changed and you need something new - but if you're not going to get it from this guy, then I'd be up front with yourself about it, end the casual relationship on a good note, and look for the full package elsewhere.

3. usagi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I agree! It's not as appealing and a huge part of me wants to end it. I guess I'm waiting for a reason to, more of a reason then I already have. (SAD)

I have tried to make him do it before. I honestly believe that will be the best way for it to happen. But every time I have tried and freaked he has dealt with it. I'm not sure how deep my attraction for him is at this time so I'm especially wanting to end it. I guess I'm just afraid to.