1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I get back with my ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Akira12, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So my first girlfriend I loved her but it didn't work out lack of communication and finally got to see her again after 2 months feelings are still there and she apologized for not communicating with me and everything. She was going through a difficult family issue as well as meetings for church work college and such. She said she wants to try it again but only if I wanted it that she won't push it on me. I told her how I felt and what I want from her she did the same and we kinda talked it out and meet in the middle. Do u think I'm an idiot or stupid for wanting to try it again? I'm afraid of my family being upset with me cause of my decision like disappointed or afraid of me getting hurt again. Which is understandable but idk am I an idiot for trying again? I'm learning more about her and she's not into the whole public display of affection like kissing and the like. Only thing I was able to do is hold hands and hug in public but she said I'm working on my issues and I'll tell u later about why I'm like this on this so I guess I'll learn in time. What do u think? Am I an idiot for trying? Stupid? Is it destined to fail like it did before? Should I just not try dating anyone or something? This is all so confusing and idk what to think anymore. Also how does one know if one is in love? Why must this be so confusing

2. confusedbubble

I think you need to talk more before you go back with her you need to findout her issues and fears and tell her yours. If you take her back you coyldy get hurt that's why you need to iron things out to protect yourself

3. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't think you're foolish for wanting to try again.

If you genuinely have emotions for her and she genuinely has emotions for you, it's worth exploring.

It sounds like she was going through a rough patch of life - which isn't uncommon, especially at that age. It also sounds like she's working on some of the issues that may have undermined the relationship before - also a good sign.

Where people run into problems when getting back with there ex's is when neither partner is making an effort to change the things that undermined the relationship previously. If both people are willing to be open, honest, and communicate - it can absolutely work out the second time around.

Just make sure that you truly are experiencing genuine feelings for this person, rather than a needy attachment. It can be easy to mix those two things up - especially when it comes to ex-partners.

Good luck.

4. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How does one tell if it's needy attachment or genuine feelings?