1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does she like me back?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Erzulie, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Erzulie

I have this co-worker (this is a place I freelance at, so I'm not always there) who kind of treats me the same as guys who I can tell are attracted to me. She's always really sweet to me, but in a very genuine way and does little things that make me think she's into me. Like today - god now I'm giggling and blushing just thinking about it - I was talking to one of my bosses on her side of the shop and waiting for his reply (he was on his phone) and so I looked over to her and she did that whole pointing guns type thing that people do in the movies like "hey!" and so I did the same "hey!" back to her, and then we both sort of just went back to what we were doing. That's totally the type of thing guys do when they are attracted to me. Is it the same with her? I wouldn't normally do that back to any guy, but I did with her. I don't know if she's gay or not, but she's a relatively masculine woman (if that makes sense). How can I tell if she's into me?

2. Juli

Maybe try flirting a little more directly? Perhaps find a subtle way to bring up sexuality without being too forward, like saying in some offhand way that you're not straight.

3. Erzulie

Well, here's the complicated thing. My best friend also works with us, and I'm not out to her or any of my other co-workers either. And we don't exactly get a lot of one-on-one time for me to tell her that without anyone else being around or in earshot. :frowning2:

4. confusedbubble

Maybe invite her out for a coffee or drink after work just the 2 of you and take it from there you could try subtle flirting like eye contact or touch her arm if you're speaking to her

5. ConnectedToWall

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe just see how it goes? It's possible that she's into you and will try to find a way to hint to you that she's gay or try to figure out if you are.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with the above. Ask her out, be more flirty, and give hints.

7. Erzulie

I'm not sure I know how to be flirty, but I'll try! thanks guys!!

8. confusedbubble

Give her compliments about her hair or outfit, tell her you think she's a great person, or you think she's beautiful. Maybe a subtle touch to the arm if you're talking or if you're walking together a touch on the shoulder or back kind of like guide her open doors for her and don't forget lots of eye contact that's a start