1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting socially isolated because of LGBT stuff

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by FloatingGhost, Feb 6, 2016.

1. So, before I started to transition (mtf), I had a few good friends. All was good.

But as soon as I started and people began to find out, they stopped talking to me - this was most pronounced on my uni course where everyone stopped even sitting near me the second they found out.

My friends from 6th form have stopped talking to me as well, and mock my sexuality (I'm asexual), I don't know how to cope...

Does anyone know of any places to find friends that aren't going to abandon me when they find out about my LGBT-ness?

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Are there any LGBT clubs or GSAs where you live? Remember, you have EC to count on also!

3. >Are there any LGBT clubs or GSAs where you live?
    what's a GSA?

There's a LGBT society here, but I'm never confident to go along to it

4. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry your former friends have been so rude, but it's better for you to move on and look for those who accept you. Definitely considering going to that LGBT society. You have nothing to lose to just try visiting once. You might even contact the leader and ask for a one-on-one meeting so you don't feel as nervous.

5. eh, I might do... I'm not the biggest fan of being lgbt, so I prefer to stay away from spaces that imply I am, but it might be a good thing