1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is she a lesbian and could she like me back?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xwhitelotusx, Feb 6, 2016.

1. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For a while I have had a crush on my friend and I am beginning to believe she likes me back. We went to the movies tonight and were so shy with each other lol... She was really cute and kept touching her hair. This is the first time we've hung out outside of college and I noticed she was dressed nicer than usual.

Reasons I believe she likes me:

-I have social anxiety and usually people make fun of me for that, but whenever I act nervous, she just smiles. (I was awkward at the cash at the movies tonight... but she brushed it off like it was nothing. Also, I was weird when I told her bye... I kinda stuttered... but she just gave me a sweet smile and said, "See you.")
    -When I stand or sit close, she never moves away.
    -She sits with her legs crossed toward me.
    -She smiles, laughs and makes a lot of eye contact with me.
    -She twirls and flips her hair a lot.
    -I'm the only friend she's kept in contact with since high school.
    -When I compliment her, she smiles and looks down shyly.
    -I have known her since seventh grade and she's never had a boyfriend.
    -She's the one who asked for my phone number.
    -She mimics me. For example, she'll copy the way I sit, touches her hair if I touch mine, etc.

I honestly haven't had many good friends. Is she just being sweet, or do you think she's a lesbian too? I am currently afraid to flirt too much in case she's straight... but I really like her. Note that she also doesn't know I'm gay. (I'm closeted at the moment because my family is homophobic, however if it means being with this girl, I'll try my hardest to come out.)

:slight_smile: Thanks to anyone who took the time to actually read all that... Sorry it's so long! lol

2. Denstracer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    She sounds prrrrreeetty gay to me

3. MsAnchor

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Life's too short, ask her and may her answer make your heart bloom with happiness

4. confusedbubble

Why not mention lgbt things to her see how she reacts or you could even come out to her you don't have to say anything about liking her at that point

5. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks to everyone who replied :3

@Denstracer I know... but she's so feminine it's confusing! lol

@MsAnchor Thanks for the laugh aha :slight_smile:

@confusedbubble I'm afraid to come out to her but I must if I want to ber with her... so I'll figure out a way. Maybe next time we hang out alone I'll bring it up somehow. Thanks so much :slight_smile:

6. confusedbubble

Reading what you put sounds like she's into you and maybe hoping you take the hint, some people are shy but sometimes you've got to grab the bull by the horns and speak up I hope it goes well for you keep us updated :slight_smile:

7. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The problem is I'm very shy too, but I am trying to be more confident with her. We flirted again today and she gave me this look... I can't describe it. It was so sweet... I really hope she likes me and I'm not imagining all this. Seems too good to be true lol

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I say she is, but who knows? The only one who knows is herself. This is so cute!!!

9. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    She's cute... and I almost feel like I'm not good enough for her. She's such a sweetheart. <3

10. Onesoul

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Just say it to her what ever u want to!!!!...she will give a gud response...I hve this feeling

11. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was going to ask her to meet up this weekend again, but I got sick :/ So next week, I hope.

It's also hard because we're both quite distant. I'm trying to get used to her though. Any tips on how to be less nervous? lol

12. 10chaz1926

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Going from your original post I would say yes, she likes you but just doesn't want to put herself out there. I think the best way for you to really test that is to ask her opinion on LGBT issues and things like that. Open a conversation up that will allow you to talk about sexuality and give off the fact that your completely okay with it. You might find that your so comfortable and secure within that situation you actually come out to her.

As for the nervous issue, I had the same problem. It sounds weird and crazy but honestly, just tell her that your nervous. If she asks why, be honest and say that she makes you nervous. This way your decreatly making the first move by telling her, she may respond the same way and be nervous herself that way you'll know whether she's into you or not.

Either way, good luck i hope everything goes well for you. X