1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some one who sort of supports you

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ruby1600, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Okay so, not sure if this should even be on here but, here goes nothing, my cousin is someone I grew up with, he's like a brother to me, and he does not know, that I am bisexual, and recently actually about 20 minutes before writing this we were playing a game called democracy and
    We were just like debating and it was all fun and games until he expressed his opinions on gay marriage and he said it okay in a LAWFUL union, but not religious, well I am Catholic and when I get married whether it's to a man or a woman, I want to be married in the eyes of God.
    It's something I've dreamt of my whole life, and I just don't quite know how I'm ever going to tell him at any point in my life, cause most people where I live, they might think " just marry a guy"
    Or if I marry a guy then magically i'm straight, but no matter what, even if I marry a guy, I'm still going to find certain women attractive aND idk maybe I wanted to write this just to rant and vent, and maybe I'm overreacting to all this I honestly do not know. If any one out there has gone through something similar or has advice that would be greatly appreciated, so yeah that's it.

2. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, you know, Catholic church is of the opinion that marriage is between man and woman. Your cousin's statement reflects that reality. I don't really see why is it a problem. If people start re-writing the contents of their religion why believe in the first place?

He seems to be accepting of secular gay marriage and that what really matters.

#2 Euler, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  3. Cubxu

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I am religious myself, and something that I've been trying to think about is my relationship between God and me in terms of my sexuality.

My views might not be the same as yours. I attended a Catholic school and church for the first few years of my life, then switched school, and changed to Protestant. Not because I preferred it over the other! I was just curious to learn more about Christianity, and most people thought I was a bit odd. Think Life of Pi when he starts to join different religions!

Something that is abundantly clear and inherent in most religions is that God loves unconditionally. And I don't think God can hate love that is real between a relationship that is not a man and a woman. I'm definitely not the model Christian, but it crossed my mind if it was possible I was being tempted in some way with my sexuality. But no. Real love should not be withheld.

As Desmond Tutu says: “I would refuse to go to a homophobic Heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place."

Hope that kind of makes sense/helps in any way. Sorry, it's about 3am and I'm procrastinating from university work, this might make no sense entirely... I'm just gonna go now...

4. Ruby1600

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you all so much, I try not to let what he says get to me, but this was really bothering me and actually made me a little nauseated to know that someone in my family that I grew up with feels this way. Although I think he thinks I'm gay now, he asked me twice during the conversation and each time I told him no, but 8 not sure he believed me, and really I don't care cause there's so many other people that are completely okay with (not that they all know I'm bi) gay marriage and equality and if I should get married to a woman then... he doesn't need to be there if he aborres it that much, thank you, everyone!