1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Break off contact?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by badwolf4, Feb 8, 2016.

1. badwolf4

So I was with a closeted bisexual for a while now. We went from spending all our time together for a few months, until I had a personal problem and then we did not spend as much time together. By then he met a woman and has been seeing her. He agreed to no sex and only hang out as friends but I hardly heard from him come November. He's the longest I've known, for over a year now and I have strong feeling for him. I've never been in love but have wondered if that is what I feel for him, but I did not want to tell him without being sure. Long story short, I texted him this weekend while drunk, and I even told him I was doing it while drunk. I said something along the lines that I love him, and that it sucks because he's seeing this woman and doesn't want to date a guy (even though he did for many years when he was younger). Said I tried sleeping around to forget him but it was pointless and how I wished he were okay with being with a guy. I ended it with another I love you.

The point is, even though I regretted accidentally sending it, I was also glad to finally say it But the next day I decided to wait for his response instead of messaging him again. It's been two days now and he has not responded to it. But I have seen him on grin dr, so I know he's not traveling or away without service. I just feel like I told him something important to me and he just shrugged it off. He's been there for him in hard times but I don't know what to think anymore. I highly doubt he's happy with his girlfriend and is trying to force himself into a relationship but I may just be hoping. I don't know if I should just remove all contact with him at this point.

#1 badwolf4, Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. Ben369

Ben369 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @badwolf4

I am very sorry to hear that you have to go through this. It must have been agonizing to deal with.

I would say that you do not need to put yourself into situations like this. You as much as everyone else in the world, deserves you own love and attention as well. If he has moved on to someone else currently, then he has moved on. It would serve no purpose to put yourself in a situation where it agonizes you, creating conflict and pain within yourself while the other person has chose not to response or workout this situation you both are in together. If he doesn't wish to engage or get involve or have a conversation about it, it's not likely that you will get an answer.

You can write down all your feelings and the situation honestly, get it out of your system in this message and sent it to the other person. Whether he reads it or not it doesn't matter. If you don't feel like sending it, write it on a letter and then burn it. This will give you a closure to the situation you are in.

It will also be better to not keep contact with this guy, which means there is no need to follow up anything about this guy (facebook, ****** etc.) and cutting contact if you must.

A lot of times alcohol and casual sex might seem like the best way to comfort our loneliness and broken heart, but as you have already experienced it, it only makes us feel a lot worse the next day. Try not to get into that cycle.

Try to sense that there is something in you that doesn't need this guy to live a fruitful life. That is not dependent on anyone's love or affection. That you have all this already within this 'something' inside you. That everything you need is there. Try to sense this security and be grounded in that security that is within yourself. It won't be easy but give yourself some time to do this. You will eventually be able to get hold of it.

Try to also see that this guy just happens to crossover into your life to play a role. To serve a purpose to help you learn and grow. Once they have serve their purpose, naturally people will move out of your life and you, after learning the life lessons, will move on to the next chapter in life, with a stronger, wiser and more compassionate you. They will move on to some other's life and play their role again. But that is not your concern anymore. You have other lessons to learn from your life at present from someone else. I hope that you will be able to see this and learn to grow with happiness in life again.

I hope this helps

Ben

#2 Ben369, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016