1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christian and a lesbian - Dating advice please

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by PennyT, Feb 8, 2016.

1. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just recently realized that I'm a lesbian or bi - still working all that out. I'm currently catholic. I don't agree with the Catholic Church's views on homosexuality and women, so I'm thinking about switching to Lutheran or at least another Christian denomination. I've noticed comments on EC about how some people would never date a Christian. Will my religious views get in the way of dating? How should I deal with that?

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think most people will remotely care about whether or not you are Christian as long as you are open-minded and accepting of other people's beliefs and non-beliefs and don't try to push your religion onto them.

I am talking as an agnostic bi girl btw. Though I must admit that I do not agree with a lot of things in the bible and therefore would worry that a lot of our viewpoints on important topics (such as abortion etc...) Would differ and would cause problems/arguments and else.

I would give a shot to everyone I believed was worth it though, regardless of their religion.

Hope it helped ! :slight_smile:

3. PennyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. Thank you! That makes me feel a lot better. :slight_smile:

4. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Haha you're welcome, I am glad ! :slight_smile:

5. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was raised Catholic, currently Christian. My girlfriend was raised Baptist and is an atheist. Some people might care, but that's true about most opinions, religious or otherwise. Like Linning said, as long as you keep an open mind and have respect for other people's beliefs, it shouldn't be a problem. And if it is a problem, do you really want to date someone who doesn't have respect for your beliefs?