1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning dating

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Confusedmoose, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 23, I'm questioning, and I've never been in a relationship, which bothers me a bit if I'm honest. At some point I'd like to start dating, but I think that because I'm questioning I've kind of stayed away from it. I'm also pretty shy. I've tried some dating sites, but nothing's really come of it (I don't feel comfortable having my picture up, which probably doesn't help) and don't like going out to bars/clubs, especially by myself. I feel, especially when it comes to women, I haven't really tried dating because I'm scared that it won't work out and then it will just cause a lot of heartache on both sides. I don't know exactly where I'm going with this. :confused: I guess I was just wondering what other people's experiences are. From what you've encountered are people usually ok with dating people who are questioning or does it bother them?

2. Ben369

Ben369 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    @Confusedmoose

I sense that you don't want to drag others into your own questioning phase, which is very gentlemen and admirable of you tbh.

I think there is no need to rush these things for you as you are still young. And you can take one step at a time. That you don't have to go all out the first time when you are meeting someone be it with a guy or a girl. As reluctant as you are to not want to get others involve with your questioning phase, we all learn and grow from experience so I would say at some point, you will have to gather the courage to take the first step and learn about yourself. I feel there is no need to force yourself to reveal that you are in the questioning stage currently, if you are really uncomfortable saying it. You can take baby steps when both of you agree to start dating. Slowly learning, exploring and discovering about yourself as you move along. Until when you are really sure then only you move on to the next step with this person, when both of you are sure and ready.

I wouldn't be too stress about it either. Just try to have fun, chat, and have some harmless flirt with the other person. Get to know the other person. Get to know your own self. How you really feel about being in a relationship with this person, be it guy or girl. If it works for you with this person, great. If it doesn't then it doesn't. It will take some time and experience but it will be worth it, as no matter how dire is the outcome, you will grow and learn about yourself from it. You will know what you truly want and who you will truly be happy to be with. I think its important to know that if we truly want to be happy in life. To learn about our self and to know what really matters in life.

I hope this helps

Ben

#2 Ben369, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  3. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Ben- it does. I guess I'm just nervous about it all.