1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wasting my time

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by GoWebGo, Feb 10, 2016.

1. GoWebGo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm not sure whether this is the right place to talk about this but I know that people here are some of the most supportive in any community. I'm a teenager still in high/secondary school and like most people my age I have strong feelings for people. By this I mean I'm really into a girl, she's funny, beautiful just all round perfect and I'm worried. She's one of the popular kids where as I'm not unpopular but I'm not in that crowd, she gets a lot of attention and she deserves it but that makes me worry. We've talked for ages over snapchat but we hardly talk in school. I know shes allowed to talk to other people if she wants shes not tied down but I know some people have a way with girls to get them but then treat them like shit when they get bored of them. I guess I'm worried that I might lose her (even though I never had her), she knows I like her because I've told her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, does she like you back? Is she in a different grade than you?

3. GoWebGo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Yeah she's in the same grade but I have no idea whether she likes me in the same way. Like I said, she gets a lot of attention from other guys too I mean sometimes we flirt but pretty much everyone does that

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you really like her and you have told her as much you might have to play the "long game" and see how things develop. Relationships change as we get older and the qualities that we value in others during our school years are often different to those we come to value later on in life. Being part of the crowd is less important when you leave school as you begin to take a broader and more mature view of friendships and relationships (most people do, anyway). If you are willing to be patient and friendly and maintain contact there is a possibility of a closer bond developing in the future, but there are no guarantees. Sometimes we are rewarded for patience though. How do you feel about that idea?

Only you can decide if this girl is really worth waiting and hoping for, but I would caution you against getting heavily invested in the idea of a relationship with one person right now. You are still young and you have a lot of living to do.

5. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Worrying about "losing her" when you two aren't even together doesn't seem like the right frame of mind to me. This may sound harsh, but it doesn't really matter whether you two are in the same group or not, or if she gets a lot of attention from others. The reality is that you don't know how she feels about you and you two are not together, that's the crux of the issue. If you want to change the situation, I would encourage you to try talking to her in real life more. Bring up the chats that you had on snapchat, or bring up a topic on snapchat that you have to follow through in real life (you have to show a physical object, etc.) if that makes it easier for you to chat. Good luck!

6. GoWebGo

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you for the advice, we've been talking more and we both opened up like she told me things that only her best friend knows and I did the same and I really feel like we've gotten to know eachother really well. The things you guys have said have really given me more confidence I guess the only worry I have left now is the dreaded friendzone.

7. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel confident in you!