1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help? feelings for f**k buddy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Jonezy611, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Jonezy611

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me and this kid started hanging out a little over a month ago he'd pick me and we'd go to his place and chill for a little bit and then go have sex but we didn't kiss before or after sometimes in the shower or his bed and at first we'd cuddled but now we just go to sleep I'll lay my arm over top of him sometimes but nothing really and I've met his friends and family and we hangout a lot more than we have sex he acts like we're more sometimes and others he doesn't it's so strange we talked about what he wanted and he said he wants a fwb for now because he just became a manager of his own gnc so he's really busy and he just moved out on his own on his own apartment so I see why he wants to adjust to everything first but I also feel like I'm being led on tho because he just started talking to his ex again as friends and in worried because they lived together for 6 months and that was only 6 months ago and he has hung out with him twice that I know of and he said nothing happened they were just talking and he fell asleep on his couch cause the roads were Icey which they were but he told me there supposed to hangout on his 21st birthday and there's been no mention of Valentine's Day at all but then I don't even really know him so he may just be expecting me to take things further or to ask him out but I don't drive he does I just started working again he's been working so I feel I'm not in a position to be asking anyone out no matter who it could be I'm just really worried because I'm pretty sure this kid made me fall in love with him I'm kinda naive because I've never dated and there's an age gap of 2 years I'm 18 he's 20 soon to be 21 so he can drink I can't that'll distance us for sure idk I feel like a creep cause this is super long but I need someone to know the whole situation to be able to help me please?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC!

...that's a really long sentence. :slight_smile:

A few facts about "relationships" of all types - they're open to change. We weren't always best friends with our best friends, some things grow bigger, some sort of fade away. There's nothing that says you two can't turn this into more of a boyfriend than a fwb thing...provided he's on board with the idea. How can you find out? Ask. Seriously. You'll just want to phrase it in a way that gives him enough wiggle room where he doesn't feel like he's being pressured to go in a certain way.

"I've been thinking about us for a bit. And I think I'd be interested in making this more of a boyfriend-type thing. If you're not interested in that, that's totally cool, but I wanted you to know that I was open to the idea."

This gives him the freedom to say "yeah, maybe we should" if he's interested...but also the freedom to say "no, I don't think I want that" if he isn't. If he isn't interested, it might be a good idea to increase the distance between you two for a while until you can get your head back into "we're just friends (with benefits)" space.

Lex

3. Jonezy611

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get so nervous asking questions like these do you think if we've only been talking for maybe a month and a half that it's a good idea to ask that if we already talked about about what he wanted? And yeah ice always just typed and written run on sentences I can't help it

4. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Here's the thing. In fwb someone ends up falling and that person ends up hurt. Maybe you should stop what you're doing for now and think about his perspective.