1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A passing fancy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by jp97, Feb 12, 2016.

1. jp97

I know the title is not the best and sounds like a cheap romance novel, but I would like some insight on my predicament and since I can't afford a therapist I came to EC, which has been a big help on multiple occasions. My story begins with today and with it being the Friday before valentine's day and seeing all the couples at school basking in each others love and being all alone myself which is not that bad since almost all my friends are single and we had each other. What really got me is that it made me think long term and what my future will be and if I will always be alone. The bomb shell was that my friend who knows I'm not straight told me that one of her friends has a crush on me and let it slip that it was a guy and refuses to tell me no matter how much I probed. Then at the end of the day a guy that I have only seen a handful of times and find a little cute complemented my shirt and I just about died as my stomach filled with butterflies and warm, fuzzy feelings. This whole day really got me to think of past crushes and the pain I felt and all the "what if"s that still haunt me. All of this really confuses me in the fact there was no apparent reason for me to feel this way over something so seemingly pointless . I would really like some advise on how to wrap my head around this.

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well first off, I'm sure you won't be alone forever. You're still young and have lots of time to find someone special. So there's no way to find out who this mystery guy is then for sure? Could you somehow get your friend to say something to him to encourage him to talk to you? Also just for clarification, do you think that the guy that complimented you is the guy your friend is talking about (if so could you just ask your friend if it was him)? I'd definitely feel all fuzzy if a guy complimented me. That must be difficult to think about all your past crushes and the what ifs. Just try to live in the present instead of letting problems in the past cause you grief.

3. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How about telling your friend that she could tell this guy you are not straight either?