1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yikes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by peachygogh, Feb 14, 2016.

1. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Somebody I'm friends with confessed their feelings for me, and I said no because I like someone else at the moment, but I feel really shitty about it. I know I shouldn't feel this awful, but I just hate that it is Valentines Day and I rejected her.

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    If it was any other day, would you reject her?

3. peachygogh

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, I would. I just don't like her that way.

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Hey don't be hard on yourself. You did the right thing. She wouldn't want you to just say you liked her back if you just didn't feel that way. It may seem like it hurt her, and yeah, she's probably disappointed. But I'm sure you were as nice about it as possible. These things just happen and all you can do is to just be nice and be honest.
    If you lied that would have gotten you in quite a mess I'm sure, causing her a bigger heartbreak. And Valentines day isn't really a big deal. Now the day's over and it's just like any other day. She'll be okay<3

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2016 at 10:19 PM ----------

Also, she probably knew there was a chance you wouldn't feel the same and she chose to say it on Valentine's day. That was her choice so you shouldn't feel bad about it being today.