1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice with a friend.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sunshine360, Feb 15, 2016.

1. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I have this one male friend who has a crush on me (he told me this several times) and he keeps telling me about how he is disappointed that I don't like him back. He asked me why I didn't want to take a chance with him and I told him that simply put I wasn't romantically interested in him. He seems OK with it but I can't help but feel a little guilty. Does anybody know how to deal with it?

2. Elli

Does he know you're not into men in general?
    Stuff like this happens, unfortunately. He'll have to deal with it, and there's no other way to say it than you already did - you are not interested in this way.
    Maybe it might help him to put some distance between you guys. There's nothing to feel guilty of though, this happens all the time and you're not to blame, nobody is.

3. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

Yes, he does know.

I know the guilt is stupid, but I can't help but feel a little bit of it. I guess I should try to put some distance between us because I don't want him being upset about it from seeing me.

4. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It can suck for both of you. I had this problem too, once. A girl I'm close to had a crush on me. What I did was act more "gay" if you know what I mean. She got the message and eventually it cooled down.
    Hope this may help :slight_smile:

5. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    He has to get over it. Put distance between each other like the others say. Maybe flirt with women in front of him.

6. Distant Echo

Ok if he knows you're gay, then his expectations are unreasonable. We have all liked someone who isn't interested, for whatever reason, and we all have to learn to move on. So does he.

7. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It doesn't really matter is OP straight or gay. The guy has unreasonable expectations in either case.

8. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I just want to thank you all for responding. I know this isn't anything new and we've all had a friend who was interested in us and we weren't into them. I can try distancing myself a little from him but I asked him about that and he said he is fine seeing me and that it makes him happy. I guess if it makes him happy and is not hurting him or giving him "ideas" I don't really need to distance myself since it doesn't seem to be too much of an issue.

Also, I need to mention that he has found himself a girlfriend so I don't think it will be an issue from now on.

#8 sunshine360, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016