1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brother is falling for that

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by kevnes, Feb 16, 2016.

1. kevnes

kevnes Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Good Afternoon.

My brother had some bad luck with recent online dating sites and he is disappointed and says he is losing interest in pursuing girls. He recently started chatting with an unknown girl / boy from Philippines and he gave his email id. They have been emailing back and forth and I warned him a couple of times to be careful because we know about these unknown chat sites that have people with fake identities to cheat people. I asked him not to lose hope and keep looking to find a nice girl and stop all this online stuff. Literally he doesn't even know whether if that person is a boy / girl or whether if they are over 18. I suggested him not to talk sexual / share any pictures so that they wont blackmail him for money or something in the future. He says that he is in full control and just doing this because he has nothing to do at the moment. How can I tell him how dangerous this could be? I just don't want him to get hurt both emotionally and financially.

Please let me know your thoughts. I will have him read this post.

Thank you.

2. argonaut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sadly, all you can do is relay ya feelings and concerns about the situation to him, but ya can't control his behavior. I've been in situations where I'm powerless to help those who I care about, and sometimes I wanna smack em, when things turn out bout after I told 'em they would. But what I learned is ya can't control people's actions, all you can do is voice ya concerns.

Say what you can, but if your bro doesn't listen it's not your fault. Just be there for him the best ya can. If things go bad you'll be there to pick him up, dust him off, and be a crutch for him to lean on. Best of luck to both of ya!