1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for my friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LookingForAutum, Feb 18, 2016.

1. LookingForAutum

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So over the past few months I've developed what I think is a crush on one of my best friends. I'm not 100% sure of her sexuality but she's dropped some hints about liking girls, or even maybe about liking me. I want to tell her how I feel, but I'm scared that all of my assumptions are wrong and that I'll ruin our friendship. We're both kind of awkward and shy and anxious, so really telling her that I have a crush on her could be a complicated situation. I'm also afraid of how it would affect other friendships. Our best friend, Anne, who I've been out to for a year, has no idea about any of this. I'm terrified of how she would react to me having feelings for this friend. I've got myself into a scary and confusing situation and any help/advice would be appreciated!

2. Sek

Sek

Telling her you have a crush is an absolute expression, something to avoid if you're not 100% sure that's how you feel. Everything you expressed here is honest and raw. That's how you should approach dealing with this. The simplest way to deal with this, which may not be the easiest, would be to be as upfront to her as you have been writing this. If telling her is really what you want to do, don't hold back.