1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Height in Gay Relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Stereo, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Stereo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I"m curious about height in a gay relationship.

From what I've noticed, in straight relationships the girl is always shorter anyways so even a significant height difference doesn't seem to matter that much. But I feel like in a gay (male) relationship since we're both guys then we're both supposed to be tall and roughly the same height. I'm 16 and 5 feet 6 inches (168cm) which is slightly short for my age and I feel like that greatly limits my options if I'm only supposed to be a little bit shorter than my partner. I've noticed many straight relationships have a 6+ inch height gap no problem. But all the gay relationships I've seen there's been only like a 2 inch or less height gap, which sorta worries me especially when else seems so tall. Are those just coincidences that I see or is that a big problem that taller people look at? Thanks <3

2. VampireGrin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You shouldn't worry. Some people are going to have preferences but there's plenty of people who don't care. 5'6 isn't that short, and you're only 16. You could still grow a few inches. I kind of always preferred to date around the same height as me. My boyfriend is 3-4 inches taller than me and it doesn't bother me or him at all. No reason to stress about something you can't control.

#2 VampireGrin, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  3. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm also 5'6 and I've been with people taller than me, shorter than me, whatever. It doesn't really matter. My boyfriend is 6'3, my ex-boyfriend was 6'2. I had a friend with benefits for a while that was ~5'4. If your height is a deal breaker for them, then you're probably better off without them, honestly. If they can't or aren't willing to 'compromise' on something as petty as your height then they probably won't be very accommodating in the future, over things that actually do matter, in my opinion. When you find the right person it won't matter at all, because there's a lot of people that like smaller guys.

4. mychemromance99

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    There's no need to worry about it.
    You're sixteen, guys keep growing until they're 21, so you will be adding more inches. And 5 feet six isn't that short.
    It's not necessary that all guys would have such a preference. Moreover the right person would'nt care about something as petty as height.

5. Helion Solaris

Height won't matter when you meet the right guy. And you're young you still have about five years to grow so don't worry. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 5'9 and an inch taller than my bf. Would only really think about height if there was like a 6 inch difference in height either way, and even then wouldn't be a big deal

7. HunterRaven

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah, the only guy I've dated was 6 foot if not taller and I was 5' 7'' when I met him. I don't think most people give height much consideration. And I even if it bothered someone, I would it imagine it to be anywhere near a dealbreaker. If they're attracted to you, height shouldn't matter.

8. R M

R M

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I dont really care, but for me a bf taller than me is hot :slight_smile:

9. Stereo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It just sort of worries me because I'm the 2nd shortest in my entire grade out of like 75 guys. But thank you all for the feedback :slight_smile:

10. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 5"8 and Ill feel weird with a guy over 6 feet. There are plenty of fish in the sea and you're bound to find a within a few inches talller or same height no problem.

11. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 5'5 so I feel you there. I think it's mostly coincidence and just the couples you've seen. I know a few gay couples who have a bigger height difference than a few inches and height really doesn't make that much of a difference. You'll find guys who are into shorter guys just like you'll find guys who like brunettes, its all personal preference.

12. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My boyfriend is taller than me, and I think the trend seems to be guys that are taller than me. I haven't been attracted to shorter guys before, but that's not to say that it isn't possible.

#12 Jax12, Feb 19, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  13. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Stereo, if you are worried about height differences, don't be. If you have the same interests and one is a bottom the other a top and you ARE in love. I wouldn't mind if the couple has one 7'2" and the other 4'2".

I hope I explained it so you can understand it.

14. scub

well girls are typically shorter then men which is why the guy is usually taller :wink:
    personally, i prefer shorter guys (i'm about 6'3) if i met a taller guy i wouldn't hold it against him though.. height is like age.. it's just a number.

15. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've known people with more than a foot of height in difference. It really shouldn't matter any more than hair color or eye color or shoe size or any other trait.

16. guitar

In 2/3 of my relationships, there was a 5+ inch difference between us. Only once were we basically the same height.

17. Bassically

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know the thread is old but just wanted to say my boyfriend and I are 5'4 and 6'8 and tbh we're doing great and things are good. If someone really likes you it won't matter.

18. Dutchboy20

Hahaha I adooore short guys. They need to be significantly shorter than me usually but I can be highly attracted to seomeone that is just as tall as me. It works differently for everyone!

19. lc asl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's funny, I adore being shorter than my partner. But that is not that difficult for me i'm not that tall.

20. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner is 5 foot 10 and I am 6 foot 1.

Make of that what you will.