1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

After the first date- is he interested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by robw4, Feb 19, 2016.

1. robw4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

I went on a date with a guy yesterday, and from my perspective it was pretty successful. The only thing we probably don't match on is that I'm extroverted and he's introverted. He seemed pretty nervous and fidgety for most of the date (he did say he was a shy person though). Afterwards we had a hug and I said I'd text him. Around 4 hours later that night I texted him and thanked him for a great time and expressed my interest in meeting again next week. He replied the next morning saying that it could be possible.

What would you say the signs are? I'm not sure where to go from here. Sorry, I'm new to dating.

2. AlmostBlue

AlmostBlue Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think you just have to play it by ear! So far, it seems like it's going fine, but everybody has different expectations towards dating and there are no fast rules. If he is shy and an introvert, and if you are still interested in getting to know him, then I suggest you take the initiative to set up a second date. Don't be afraid to be rejected or to embarrass yourself. It's always better to be upfront instead of playing games, and taking action is a great way to build confidence as well. Good luck!

3. robw4

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks AlmostBlue! :slight_smile:

4. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

AlmostBlue said it best...i can't add to the advice.

5. CharacterStudy

Looks okay at this stage, but take the initiative given he's introverted.... and choose a date that takes the pressure off him. I'd avoid noisy pubs, clubs etc... but equally a 1:1 in a park might put too much pressure on him to perform (speak). How about an activity like ice skating or a quick coffee?

Introverts and extroverts can work but it requires understanding and compromise from both sides.

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with CharacterStudy. Maybe if you're some place quiet, then he'll open up.