1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never feel loved

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MtnFr3sh, Feb 19, 2016.

1. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm sure I'm not the only person that's felt this way.

But for as long as I can remember. I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever felt loved. Even if people say it, my mother for one. She says it so often it's lost meaning. No matter what anybody has told me, I can honestly say that I don't feel loved. Friends, family, boys, I just haven't really felt loved.

I don't really know why that is. Anybody have an idea? Maybe it's because I don't feel I deserve love. I don't really know. If that's the case, is there anything I can do about this? Because not feeling loved, by friends or family, it's a lonely existence. But no matter what anybody says or does, I just don't think I've ever felt loved.

2. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    You do feel loved! Everyone deserves to be loved! What's love to you?

3. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Love is around, but there are different types of love. The love I have for my boyfriend is different then the love I have for my family. No matter what, you have love.

---------- Post added 20th Feb 2016 at 11:33 AM ----------

That is so true...

4. NoClue

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Great advice so far from bookreader & lizsibling13. I like to think of it this way: Everyday, at least one person is thinking of you :slight_smile:

5. Euler

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please, do not tell other people how they feel based on nothing. Personally I find that extremely annoying.

To the OP:

I think I can relate to you. I don't really know what love is be it familial love or romantic love or platonic love. My mom also kept saying that she loves me so much but to me her words sound hollow and are contradicted by her actions. I suffered from emotional and physical abuse especially from my mom through my formative years and I'm sure this has damaged my emotional life and perception of love. By no means did she intend to hurt me but she did none the less.

What is your background? Do you have similar past that could explain your feeling?

6. pestjohnbuda

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    hey,
    I'm sorry you feel this way. How would you describe the reason why you don't feel loved? Don't you believe people are genuine when they want to hang out with you, or are you always the one initiating things?

My background is that for years I felt like I was the one initiating everything, not feeling included by anyone. Having crushes on unreachable people, having no one to talk to, while everyone had a great time. I know how you feel, and if you want to talk about it I'm happy to do so, cause I am not feeling loved either.

7. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

I do sometimes feel that way too, but it helps knowing that my family (well most of them) loves me dearly. Sure it sucks being single sometimes but i guess i am one of the few that can handle it.

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Again, you do feel loved.

9. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    No. I don't feel loved. Anytime anybody says it to me it sounds hollow. Like it has no meaning or they're just saying because they feel like it's something that should be said. I have friends who are mean to me that say it. I have my father that's said he loves me when we still spoke. But all he does is dodge paying medical bills he's ordered to pay and does everything possible to make my mother's life miserable, which in turn makes me miserable because his fighting is making it hard to support me so he's hurting her which is hurting me. He hates her, and by extension hates me.

Then there's actually my mother. Not only has she said 'I love you' so much it's completely lost it's meaning entirely. Not to mention he actions don't match. She says how wonderful of a child I am, then goes on rants about all the stuff I do wrong, I mean. I was a little bit of a crybaby when I was younger. But I'll never forget the time I was crying because she was mad at me, and she basically dragged me in the bathroom to make me look at myself in the mirror. And said (to be fair, it's been years and I can't remember what exactly she said) "Look at the face you make when you cry!" Ever since then. I can't stand to look at myself in the mirror when I'm even remotely sad about anything.

I've had my heart broken by a person I was fucking engaged to.

I don't feel loved okay. Anytime somebody says it, it feels hollow and has no meaning no matter how much it's said. Saying I do feel loved? I explicitly said I don't feel loved.

10. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Maybe it's because I don't feel I deserve love." thats according to you, maybe you haven't learned how to love yourself yet, love yourself first when you truly love yourself you can offer love to others and people will see you as someone who is worth the love because you give importance bout' yourself.
    _
    if you can't love yourself, you can't ask someone to do it for you.

11. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe you should go talk to someone about this.

---------- Post added 22nd Feb 2016 at 07:22 AM ----------

Like professional help, I mean.