1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is slowly killing me, I like him so much i dont know what to do.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Boydare, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone, you can call me Z, and am 17 years old. I'm deeply infatuated with this 15 year old named J. I have been sexually attracted to a lot of people, and thought I was in love with them but I wasn't. I have liked J for a while, but its really hard to talk to him considering hes 2 years younger then me, and is a freshmen while am a junior. I'm also very shy, and can be kind of anti-social. I think about him everyday, there is not a day that goes by of me not thinking about him, or how to befriend him. His smile brightens my day, his presence makes me feel comfortable, and he has a wonderful personality that i feel would go great with mines. I don't think he will never notice tho because of the obstacles that that separates us, and how anti-social/shy I can be. I think he might be gay or interested in guys, but im not sure. I want to get to know him so bad its slowing killing me, its on my mind 24/7, and I get angry at myself from not talking to him or doing something right when i have the chance. I just dont know what to do. Am I inlove with him? Can you even be inlove with someone you dont really talk to? What should I do? I dont wanna confess, because I confessed once and the person distance themselves from me. I would atleast like to become friends first. Im just very stress at this point. I would like to try and move own, and find a openly gay guy maybe to go with. Do you guys know any dating sites that could help me?

Im sorry for all of this I really just need to let it out; holding all of this in is killing.

2. Eye Shine

Phase 1
    I believe your first battle should be getting to know J first. It is possible to love someone before you talk to them, but knowing them better can let you know whether or not you the relationship would even last if you got that far. So since you are shy I would start off slow and saying hi to this person or just saying "what's up?". These are easy things to ease into having a real conversation with the person. If you get shy just know that since you at least talked to him you are doing something right. Another approach would be to say "Good job!" to the person if they accomplished something. If they get a new haircut or a new pair of shoes just say "Nice blank!" After you feel you are ready after all this prep work offer to hangout with him. If he says yes you can see what happens there and possibly move on to phase 2.

Phase 2
    Everything has gone okay with maybe a few hiccups
    You guys have hung out a bit and are now officially friends. If you see relationship potential in him then it you need to see if he is gay. The best way to find out if he is gay is to tell him you are gay yourself. Everyone may think it, but telling him may just give him the courage for him to come out if he is gay or bi. If that doesn't make him come out then you have two options from here. Either a) ask him straight out if he is gay or b) Try to consistently bring up LGBT news, LGBT movies, and LGBT books. Anything that would try to get him to come out. If neither a) or b) works. He is straight and that's that. (Caution yourself though. Alabama is not a liberal place. The reaction you could get out of him could be really negative, but it's a chance you would have to take to proceed.) If he is gay you can move on to phase 3

Phase 3
    It would probably be easier to just ask him out right after he tells you he is gay. If you don't ask him out right after he comes out you are now playing the waiting game. You would have to muster up the courage to confess (although it would probably be easier at this point, or he would have to ask you out.

At this point in time you either are in a relationship with J, just friends with J, or he is not your friend. Ultimately the choice will be up to him after all these phases. There's not much you can do other than be sincere and really mean it when you want to be his friend and later ask him out.

Also we aren't allowed to ask about dating websites on EC. Since EC is 13 years up we have to keep it PG-13. That means we can't give links or talk about things that are 18 and up. However personal/contact information is excluded in all sources even if it is age appropriate.

Anyway I hope I helped with your question. Have a great day.

#2 Eye Shine, Feb 22, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2016
  3. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you for the help, but the problem is I rarely can speak or talk to him because of the year differences. I really on see him during breakfast whens hes around all of his friends and a bit during lunch.

4. Eye Shine

Maybe you could wait for him before school starts and after school starts. Possibly after his class ends and you are right outside of it. Then have a little conversation. That's all I can really think of under this scenario. Does your school have a GSA or QSA? If so you may be able to go one of them and meet other gay people.

Anyone good luck friend!

5. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish they did have a GSA or QSA lol its funny actually. Waiting for him after class or after school start is crazy way to blunt for me lol.

6. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Social media can help. Is he on Facebook?

#6 SemiCharmedLife, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016
  7. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    No he is not.

8. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wish i could just stop thinking about him and forget but its so hard. I just really hate it.