1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Should Be Happy... But

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BookWriter1994, Feb 24, 2016.

1. BookWriter1994

I came out to my parents the other night. It wasn't my choice. It happened because I had sent out a huge message to all of my Facebook friends telling them that I am a lesbian.

All of my friends are supportive of course... But my mom found out about it because she's super into technology and found out about the message that I sent them and she also found out that I have been taking to people from online.

She kept telling me that I am confused and that I don't know who I am and that I can't talk to people from online because it's not safe because of crazy people out there.

And after that, I got all mad at her when she started to take my stuff away. She took my phone, my computer and my iPad. I only have my phone now because I have work today.

Her and I haven't really spoken since that night when we were arguing. It's not about the whole sexuality thing anymore because she told me that she would accept me anyway it was because I was talking to people from online and how much attitude that I had that night.

Anyway... Since I had "came" out, I feel unhappy for some reason. I have no idea why and with this it's making me rethink my whole feelings for women again and that maybe I made a mistake. I actually did wanted to come out to my parents once I had found a girlfriend but that didn't happened.

Why am I unhappy that I am out?

Any advice please? :help:

2. Really

I don't think you're unhappy because you like women. You're unhappy because of your mom's bad reaction. I think she's just worried about you from the sounds of it.

Try to separate the two in your mind. Has your mom reacted poorly to anything in the past. How did you get through that? If you had a bad reaction yourself, it couldn't hurt to apologize for that. Tell her you are always safe on the internet (you are, right?) and maybe suggest you'd like to talk to her about things because you could use her support right about now.

Does this sound feasible?

3. BookWriter1994

Of course I am safe on the Internet. I always bring at least one or two friends with me when meeting people from online. And it's always in public places as well. I don't tell anyone where I live or what do I do for work. My parents are kind of fashion and they say that I should meet someone from like a bar or a movie and not online.

But I am pretty shy and I feel more comfortable meeting someone online instead of actually taking to a random person. the main reason why I meet women online because they are actually lesbian or bisexual and it clearly says so on their profile and I don't have guess if they are in person.