1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to tell my daughter

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hottmom, Feb 24, 2016.

1. hottmom

hottmom Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am a lesbian but my daughter does not know she 17 and came to me and told me she thinks she is a lesbian I told her it will be ok should I tell her I am too I also find some of her friends attractive what should I do

#1 hottmom, Feb 24, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    She may be shocked, it's strange that kids never usually imagine their parents as being anything other than straight unless they're brought up with gay parents but I think you should tell her, she'll be accepting of course being gay herself but it might take time for her to adjust. I'm sure there will end up being laughs about the fact that you're both gay!

About finding her friends attractive, as long as you're not persuing these attrations then I suppose there's no harm and there's not much you can do to stop it but they're still young and it's not right for you to get involved with them, especially as they're your daughters friends, she'd probably be pretty upset if you did. I'm sure you'll meet someone your own age if you were actively looking, any adult shouldn't really be getting with anyone their own daughters age.

3. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't really improve upon what Aberrance has said, but I think it could help her out if you told her because she might not have anyone else to talk to about it.

4. hottmom

hottmom Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the advice I did tell her and it went really well as for her friend I told her about that to and she said they all think your hot cause I stay really fit her friends are older in there mid 20's and are good friends :slight_smile:

5. lovemygaykid

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I'm glad to hear it went well!! Even if her friend are of age they are still off limits. If 20 somethings are your thing there are plenty out there she doesn't already know.

6. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ahh, sorry I shouldn't have assumed that her friends were all her age! I'm glad that it went well, it sounds like the best possible outcome happened so that's awesome to hear.

7. hottmom

hottmom Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys she is setting me up with her friend so excited and she is pretty