1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I have no one to count on

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by The Odd One, Feb 24, 2016.

1. The Odd One

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So, I have practically no friends and no social skills to acquire any more. I live with my parents with whom I can talk about nothing of import, my sister is never really there to talk and my brother is unreliable in the extreme. I have no hobbies that take me outside the house, much less to gathering places. My only remaining friend may hypothetically be able to open up connections with new people- if I didn't find basically everyone she knew highly unsavory. Loneliness along with dysphoria-based depression and anxiety are all taking a toll and i have not had a productive conversation in years. Most sites say that a hobby/hobbies are generally the best solution except I have no money and need to explain to the parents why anything is different, which is always uncomfortable. Additionally, the only trans group in this half of Ohio only meets once a month and just going out to my therapist is beginning to arouse suspicion. I have forgotten entirely what human contact feels like and recently moved my score with dating to 0 successes and 9 rejections- inspiring me to finally give up on that avenue entirely.
    Welcome to the perfect storm of loneliness- whosoever can solve this one would have my unending gratitude if the solution is successfully implemented. But honestly- I don't see a way out of this.

2. Sek

Sek

Finding a job helped me a lot, I used to spend a lot of time inside with little money and no hobbies until I managed to get a part-time job. I met new friends and had money to do what I wanted. That little bit more of freedom did me wonders. Plus getting regular human contact was great since around that time I spent a lot of time being a hermit. I'm sure this answer is not the solution to all your problems, but it honestly helped me and I encourage you to do the same.