1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving in advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by hysterical, Feb 25, 2016.

1. hysterical

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi guys, I'm a lost soul right now and going through way too many stuff at same time. Here it goes, I'm seeing this guy from almost 4 and half months. I'm studying right now, so I'm not financially stable enough to take things in different way (long term). He wants us to rent the place together and he is willing to pay the deposit money and rent for few months, but the thing is he wants me to commit to this thing for a really long time, and my studies will end in like 6 months and after that I'm not sure where I will get the job and if I will have to move somewhere else and in that case he will be paying a lot of money in rent and stuff and since I can't contribute that much right now it's freaking me out a lot. Even if I take the finances out of the picture and try to pay 50 percent of my share. Will it be weird to leave the place after 6 or 7 months? or should I step out from this now and deal with things differently?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to him. Tell him that you're not sure if you can commit to renting a place long-term when you don't know if you'll be able to get a job or if you'll have to move again. Also, what would happen if the two of you break up or living together just doesn't work out, especially when he's the one covering the bills?

3. hysterical

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Right now he is so excited for us to move in together that he is not seeing such stuff, I tried discussing it with him by putting everything on the table, but he always says that he will do everything to make it work somehow and I know he can afford really nice place but then that will make me a leech and I can't live with that!