1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feel unworthy for a relationship

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by sunshine360, Feb 27, 2016.

1. sunshine360

sunshine360 Guest

The title says it all.

Does anyone else feel this way? I do struggle with pure-O OCD and just in general obsessive thoughts and low self esteem.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same but I've always known it was a self-esteem thing in my case. I was bullied like hell when I was younger for about 8 years and they've practically ruined that part of my life for me. It sucks so much but you've just got to work on yourself and remind yourself of all the good aspects about you. What I'd suggest is surround yourself with good friends, healthy relationships with people that care about you and support you, that will always do you a lot of good. Don't search for a relationship if you know you're not ready for one yet. Work on yourself, make sure that you're happy and comfortable in yourself before you start trying to make someone else happy and give them a big part of you.

#2 Aberrance, Feb 27, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  3. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I feel the same way. I have social anxiety and I'm generally awkward and clumsy. Also I can be quite childish. So I feel as though there isn't a single person that could deal with me outside friends and family. I'd probably make they're life hell and they'd break it off a week later. So I try to avoid seeking any kind of romantic life and just stick to what I'm good at. But its hard sometimes. Makes me wish I was asexual.