1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My heart hurts, and im just constantly depressed

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Boydare, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well relating to my recent( http://emptyclosets.com/forum/famil...e-i-like-him-so-much-i-dont-know-what-do.html ) post I guess you could say im in love with a straight guy, and its the worst feeling ever. Im hurting so much that I cant even live my life efficiently. I instantly become sad and think im just not good enough or start wishing I was a girl when I see him flirting or talking to girl or that hes most likely straight, and I actually like being a guy you know. Its the worse feeling everything i just don't know what to do, I haven't stayed happy for a whole day for awhile.

2. DoubleDark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been here before, the feeling sucks, it hurts so much, so so much, I'm so sorry you will never get a chance with this person. But, speaking from experience you HAVE to focus on other people, goals or anything to keep your mind off them.

When I was in love with my best friend (straight) for 4 years, I was hurting, a lot. And it was all for nothing, you can't change a persons sexuality, I'm 100% sure that one day you will find a different person who you will have these feelings for, but they will return these feelings to you.

But unless you move on and start looking for this person you might never find them.

I'm sorry this isn't what you wanted to hear, but that's not the advice you need, I wish someone told it to me straight so I will do just that to anyone in this horrible horrible situation. :slight_smile:

All the best
    Fe

3. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    But its so hard, I want to move on, but its hard to find someone your sexual attracted to and like on a mental lvl while your not in a school with a lot of gay people or even out. A lot of the gay guys over social media that are pretty close to my hometown are just to overly girly. I have 1 more year of high school left, and I dont think I can go through this pain for another year.

4. pgc317

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ive been feeling the EXACT same way lately. I actually got so depressed that I had to write about it to get it out of my head. The result was this poem:

My heart physically aches for You,
    It skips a beat whenever I see You,
    It pounds just a little bit faster.
    It longs to be with You.

But it cannot be with You,
    For nature has already ruled,
    That our paths shall never converge.
    So I spend my days wishing I was Her.

At times I wish I was Her,
    If only to be for You,
    What I can never be as Me.
    To be She could set Us free.

But to be She wouldn't be Me,
    For nature has already ruled me He,
    Destined never to converge.
    So We will never be.

My heart physically aches for you,
    But it cannot be with you,
    And We will never be.
    I hope you're happy.

It's about feeling helplessly in love with a guy who can never love me back because he is straight. As you said, there's even the element of wanting to be that girl (even though I'm perfectly content being a guy like you said). I just felt like I should share this since we're in such a similar situation.

5. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I really loved that poem, it explains exactly how I'm feeling.

6. Crukie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *waves lighter as if in a footfall stadium* SING IT LOUD AND SING IT PROUD BROTHER!

I'll be damned if every gay boy in the world hasn't gone through this at some point in their lives! But seriously, thanks for this poem~ Brought me back to when I was in high school and falling head over heels for my straight best friend. I still don't regret telling him how I feel. But I do regret breaking up him and his girlfriend in the process :lol:

Anyways, in all seriousness, stay strong everyone! Love is out there for us (*hug*)

7. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you out to him?

I've been through this. And I know it's the most painful feeling in the world. I'm sorry it's happening to you man.

But I can tell you, in hindsight, the best thing to do is tell him about your feelings. Don't put it off and suffer for years like I did. You will know once and for all that he isn't available and it will give you the closure you need to move on.

Good luck

8. Knight Wilson

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good God. That's pretty much the exact premise of that Little Big Town song Girl Crush. lol

But seriously, I hope you're feeling better.(*hug*)I noticed that you originally posted that way back in February. Hopefully you're feeling a bit better by now. If you are, what helped?

9. duff0286

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like Crukie said, most of us have been there.

It is usually the best friend, because they are close to you and you know each other. However, it's part of the learning curve, as hard as it is. I think it made me realise, that when I did find love, the feelings I had for my friend, didn't even come close to what I have with my boyfriend.
    I used to cry myself to sleep. But when I think back and this might not be the case with you, but I thinkI really wanted something I couldn't have. If we did get together back then, I'm not confident we'd still be together.
    That stupid saying about plenty of more fish in the sea is true. You'll get there, just takes time. The next guy might even have a bigger d**k :lol: