1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First breakup

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by DoubleDark, Feb 29, 2016.

1. DoubleDark

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey, I joined ec a while ago but nvr used my account, anyways I could really do with some advice/encouragement :/ I just got dumped from my first ever relationship (it was long distance, but we got to see each other a few days a month) , I'm 18 gay and I really loved him but he started acting weird early last week and I knew there was something wrong immidietaly, we started texting and face timing less and less.

We arranged a time to facetime and he straight up dumped me. Over the phone.

He seemed a little upset but, for someone who was "in love" with me, didn't really seem like he knew what love was.

I don't really have any good friends, no one I can talk to anyway, I feel so alone in the world right now, I have since I was 15 people just never seem to keep friendships with me no matter how much effort I put in/no matter how nice I am or how I act ya know like me.

Anyway I'm so upset, fragile and just lost right now -- what should I do?

Thanks and sry for long post :icon_redf

2. Boydare

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand what its like to feel that way, and you should just hold your head up high and keep moving forward. He obviously wasn't worth your time or love if he left you so easily. If you need someone to talk to or be there for you I'm willing to listen.

3. robclem21

Im really sorry to hear that. Going through a breakup is very challenging and its something that we all go through at one point or another. The way you are feeling is completely natural and there is nothing wrong with being upset and feeling lost.

The only thing I can say is that it will get better with time, I promise. You will find a way to move on and feel better, just like everyone has. Keep your head up.

4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey- I know.
    I'm also in a place where I hadn't made other friends for years, and my only friend was my now ex-girlfriend. And it's hard.
    Breakups can be really painful, especially abrupt ones like that, so it's totally normal to feel upset..it'll get better with time, and that's very true. So just bear through it for a while...as hard as it is.
    It makes it worse too if you don't have too many friends or are lonely...feel free to talk more about it, we'll be willing to listen