1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians couples with Children?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by User123, Mar 1, 2016.

1. User123

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi there,
    I am a bit of a lurker here but today i thought i would post.
    My girlfriend and I often talk about the possibility of having children in the future.. I was wondering if anybody here has had children within a lesbian relationship? I would love to hear peoples baby stories :slight_smile: we are both open to having chilren biologically and through adoption. My girlfriend would prefer to carry the child herself so that is most likely the avenue we will pursue first.
    I am curious about the whole processes involved for both routes. For example, if you had a baby through IVF, where do you start? Did you encounter any setbacks? What were peoples attitudes towards you? Did you choose a donor you knew or was it an anonymous donor?
    As for adoption, how long was the process? Did you meet any resistence from the authorities due to your sexuality? Do your children have contact with the birth parents?

Best regards :slight_smile: