1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal for girls to sit this close?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by xwhitelotusx, Mar 2, 2016.

1. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is it normal for 2 female friends to sit this close?

Hey guys :slight_smile:

I'm falling for my good friend and I'm not really sure what to do. When I flirt with her, she flirts back (at least I think so) and now I'm even more confused:

I invited her over yesterday and tried to see how far I could take my flirting. We ended up sitting super close on a couch and our arms and knees were touching, we both had our heads leaned toward each other and she never moved. It was me who backed away from her when my mother came into the basement. I jumped so high lol... My friend looked a little nervous too, but she kept smiling at me.

So, my question is:

Is it normal for two girls, who are friends, to sit this close? Or do girls tend to pull away when they touch?

Thanks to anyone who answers :slight_smile:

#1 xwhitelotusx, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Girls do seem to be generally more affectionate or "close" physically between friends. Whereas guys would be the "pulling away when touched" type between other guys, at least from my experience. I haven't, however, seen how a lesbian couple acts around eachother so I cannot say whether the physical intimacy you describe is common in that regard.

And of course, all people are different. Some personalities may enjoy physical closeness a lot and therefod unabashedly offer it to a close, platonic friend. Others may not like it so much and save such affections for a romantic partner. So you could ask yourself this:

How does your friend behave around her other female friends? Does she cuddle with them and act flirtatiously (or borderline flirtatious)? If not, and you are the only one, there is chance she could be attracted. Or, and this depends on her personality, she may simply be humoring you and mirroring your own advances, as a sort of "no harm done" game.

Food for thought.

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (double post)

#3 Kodo, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  4. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've never seen her get super close with any of our other friends... only me. But, I'm concerned it's like you said @Kodo... Maybe she is just being polite.

We've been texting a lot more lately, but each time it's me initiating the conversation and they don't last long. If I type a <3 or a :wink: she will just put a smiley face at the end of her response. I'm worried I'm creeping her out or something. I hate this feeling. I really wish I just liked guys... :frowning2:

5. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    Yeah, unfortunately girls can be extremely close to other girls without any underlying reason...
    Ive literally laid on top of my best friend, kinda spooning, like extremely couple-ish with my head on her books, and she didn't like me like that :/
    Good luck though, it could be she does like you

6. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    She probably does like you and she's making the first move. I wish more guys was like that. But no, it's all about their masculinity. Sorry, anyways, why don't you try making a move like holding her hand or rubbing her shoulders or back?