1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you tell someone you like them?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lilith3612, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Lilith3612

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a crush on someone I am friends with. She knows I have a crush on a girl and she has been trying to guess who it is for about three weeks now. Every time I get close to saying that its her I can never find the words. I planned on telling her today but then she told me that she has a crush on a guy in her class. But before I could ask her if I could talk to her away from the rest of our friends she pulled me away and we were ttalking. I get so nervous around her but I think the only way I can move on from having a crush on her is to just say it. I just dont know how.

2. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey :slight_smile: Read your thread and just wanted to say I'm going through something similar, so I feel you. Except for me, the girl doesn't even know I'm a lesbian and I'm unaware if she likes women or men. We've just been flirting... Or at least I have been. She seems to enjoy it a little too much though lol

My plan is to wait till we're alone together and ask if she likes someone. Depending on her answer, I'll come out to her and/ or ask if she's ever wanted to be with a girl.

I don't know... Sorry if I'm not of much help. I just wanted to say I understand how frustrating this can be! lol Hang in there! Maybe get her alone and see if you can get the topic of liking her to come up. That's what I'm going to do.

I wish you good luck <3 Hugs from cyberspace. I hope all goes well for you! :slight_smile:

3. Lilith3612

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hope things work out for you xwhitelotusx. I am planning on talking to my crush when she gets out of school. Or later this week. Pretty much whenever I see her next.

4. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi! So this happened to me last year because I told my best friend about this girl I liked, then she told a load of other people. Then when the girl I liked questioned me about it, I lied and said it was a rumour and it wasn't true (bad idea, wouldn't recommend!). We became good friends, started flirting quite a bit, and now we've been dating for 8 months XD It doesn't always end up badly. Just don't lie to her! Things will work themselves out. Good luck :slight_smile:

5. xwhitelotusx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Lilith3612 Thanks! :slight_smile: I texted her the other day saying I missed her. Her responce was "I miss you too :wink:" So you see? We've just gotta keep trying. When the time is right, we'll be able to tell them how we feel. I know it's tough. ResidentTheatreKid has good advice: Just gotta be honest with her and don't stress. Things will work themselves out! :slight_smile:

6. yellow2002

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Can someone give an example of what to say and how to recover from rejection in the moment?

7. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    To be honest, the best way to say it, is probably to just plain say it. Recovering; eh, if they reject you just say something like: Oh well, I just had to get it out, too bad