1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my father just nearly beat me...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by MayaBee, Mar 2, 2016.

1. MayaBee

We were having a fight and it got really loud and I was really upset, suddenly my father started saying/screaming that if I wouldn't stop, he would slap me in the face and he got really close and I was SO scared, I swear he was meaning it serious. It all ended that my mother got between us and got him out of my room, I don't know what happened if she wasn't there. I'm really scraed now but at the same time I would never think my father would do such a thing, yet I was terrified and he was so dead serious about it, I don't know what to think or do...

2. Distant Echo

Ok. Whatever the fight was about, and it seems you got very loud, your father should not have said that. It's a good thing your mother was there.
    Are you safe right now?

Stay away from him for a bit, let everyone calm down...he will probably apologise. But be aware, that this happening once means it could happen again. Make sure you have an exit strategy, somewhere to go if you need to. And try to talk to your mum about it.

What is your relationship with him normally like?

3. MayaBee

Well, what do you call safe? I stayed in my room for the rest of the day, today I went to school without talking to anyone of my family.
    It isn't the first time that this happened, I think it happened 2-3 times before, once he actually "hit" me but it was like 2-3 years ago and I think I made it a bigger deal in my head than it actually was, because it was more of a "harder touching".
    But this time was different because I could seriously feel that if my mother wans't there, he would have done it.
    My father and I dont have a close relationship, but it isn't particulary a hard relationship. We just aren't really close and sometimes fight. If this makes a differnce, he is taking pills rigjt now to stop smoking, and they make him depressed, but not angry or anything like that.
    I really dont know how to feel. I am the youngest child and he never got so serious while fighting with any other family member, so I could basically never imagine him actually doing it, but again, I was so terrified and I am somehow convinced he would have done it. If only you could se how angry he was....

4. Distant Echo

You were and are scared. That's honestly all I need. Is there someone you can talk to?

5. MayaBee

I don't really know... And I don't know if I want to talk with someone about it already...

6. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it makes a difference because it's pretty tough to quit smoking and anger is a common withdrawal symptom associated with quitting. (*hug*)

7. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

I'm glad my dad and I have a great relationship. Of course, he choose me to be his (he's my step dad), but I love talking to him. He loves my boyfriend, too.

8. MayaBee

Well thanks for that, that totally helped me -.-

9. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Sorry, what I mean, MayaBee, is that I m glad he is my daddy, instead of my sperm donor. Have you told your mom yet? Or the police?

10. Klutz

Hey MayaBee,

Have you talked to anyone, yet?

I don't have any good advice, but I wanted to make sure you know people care about you. Even if we are just random people on the internet.

11. MayaBee

No I havent talked to anybody yet. My father acted as if nothinh happened and I told my friends that something happened at home that I dont want to go home nor am I emotionally strong enough to sit in school and act like nothing happened. They know something happened but they dont know what. And I dont want to tell them because I dont wont them to worry or do something to get my father in trouble.

12. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

Maya, if your dad beat you, he needs to be arrested...what about the NEXT TIME? He might hurt you.

13. MayaBee

He didnt actually beat me, he just threatend/said he would do it and came really close, without actually touching me at all..

14. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow that's not good st all I'm sorry to hear that about your dad are you in any danger now? Maybe when things calm down a bit you your mom and dad should sit down and have a discussion about His Issues that arising maybe if you feel your not safe you can call child protective services There there to help children&teens not hurt them they can make your home life way better than the situation your in now I hope everything works out for you!