1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really confused.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by TheDudeAbides11, Mar 4, 2016.

1. TheDudeAbides11

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So there's this guy at school who for the past few months have been staring and smiling at me. At first I thought nothing of it and ignored it. But then I started noticing him around a lot more ( at lunch, in the halls after each period, and he even switched to one of my classes,and after school while waiting for our rides) So I finally started looking back and he would lock eyes with me and smile until I looked away. After awhile of playing the staring game I decided I would talk to him and possibly ask him out on a date but I found out he has a girlfriend. So I decided to ignore him but he keeps staring at me and at lunch he started sitting closer to me. Why is he continuing to stare at me despite having a girlfriend? And what should I do?

2. H20

H20

There's a list of possibilities:

1. He's gay and not ready to come out, and to keep up the pretense he's straight, he's in a relationship with a girl.
    2. The same as #1 but he's bisexual / pansexual.
    3. He could be a really awkward friendly person, or just super friendly.
    4. He could be trying to confuse you or upset you (sometimes this is a form of bullying especially if they suspect you might be gay. It really just depends).
    5. He might just want to be your friend (and if you're more of a loner, this might be why he's staring at you and smiling - he could be trying to make you feel less alone, ya know?)
    6. Something else entirely I can't think of.

However, these are all speculations and you don't want to jump to any conclusions. The best option would be to talk to him and ask him why he's staring a lot, or if he wants to hang out. And if it gets to be uncomfortable, definitely tell him. If he doesn't stop, tell someone.

Albeit he may not answer you or tell you the truth, but it's better than nothing. Really talking is probably going to be the only way to figure this out, whether to be friends or to get him to stop.

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe he wants to know you better. Give him a chance. Maybe you'll be best friends.