1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I made a hUGE Mistake! Please Help!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by dopplershift94, Mar 6, 2016.

1. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So a few weeks ago, I told my straight friend that I liked him, and he was cool with it. .

Unfortunately, I got quite drunk last night with some of my friends and I texted him that I hate having feelings for him, and that I hate having to feel like I have to watch what I say or how I act around him because I don't want him to think I am hitting on him. I then started to type something else, and then in the middle of the message, I clicked send.

I don't how to fix this. He hasn't texted me back. I can't really avoid him, we're in the same math class.

Does anyone know what I can do? I made a huge mistake, and I feel awful about it. :bang::icon_sad::confused:

2. whattodoii

in the back of my closet, with one friend :)
    ugh, that's a pretty crappy situation you're in, been there, still kinda am...
    He'll probably bring it up soon enough, if he doesn't, just talk with him about it?

3. Marcelina

Oyoyoye... I am sorry to read that. That's super awkward like a situation.
    Yep I also think you should definitely talk about it...

Did you already weight the situation ? Like... is that good or bad to be friends with all the feelings you have ? Because, ok, you were drunk... but I guess you may be drunk another time and it can happen again no ? If it's so much pain anytime.... :frowning2:

Well, anyway, the key is communication. As you said, you cannot avoid him, and maybe that if he knows that you were drunk he will understand and it will be okay ?

I wish you good luck anyway....

4. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I especially agree with what Marcelina has said. Communication really is key. And since you have that class together, it's a chance where you can talk to him about it and explain the whole situation about the texting, that you were drunk. And I mean there's no reason to be ashamed of your feelings, dude. If you like someone, you like someone and sometimes that person may not like us back and it can hurt. Trust me, you're not the only one who sent quite revealing things when drunk. Shit happens! :slight_smile: (though I've never gotten drunk before and don't really plan to. xD ) So you're not alone in that boat.

If he ends up like distancing away from you or something of the sort because of that and doesn't feel comfortable being friends, just remember that there are people out there that accept you for who you are and that there is a special someone out there who can return those feelings. (*hug*)

Hope things go well! If not, we're all here for you. That's what Empty Closet is for after all! (&&&)

5. Seahawksfan

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh damn that's not a good situation to be in maybe when you confront him in math class or by social media next just act totally cool like nothing never happened if he brings it up Just say nope I don't remember that some people when there drunk say very random awkward things they don't mean and if you do a good enough job he'll believe that theory (!)

6. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the help you guys, I'm just going to send him a message apologizing and see where it goes from there.

7. Marcelina

Good good. Hope you'll fix that ! :slight_smile:

8. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yikes! Well, good luck! I hope nothing changes.

9. dopplershift94

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Quick Update, he texted me back and told me not to worry about and that it was fine. :slight_smile:

10. Marcelina

See!!!
    That's great! Cool to read that! (!)

11. RosexBud

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    YAAY!! I'm so glad!! :eusa_danc