1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Romantic maturity of a 10 year old!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Snapeface, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Snapeface

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, please help me!

I'll start with the first problem. I've just met (online) some new friends that I was really excited about, because I have very few friends and we have a lot in common, live close to each other, and it looked like we were going to get on.

So I'd been looking at their posts on facebook, and was starting to like one of said new friends. We had chatted a bit, but not properly. I decided to tell him, and ask him out. He replied and was kind, but said he interested in someone else at the moment, and then it got all awkward and we both felt hurt, and I said to just forget about it. But of course no one can just forget about anything. And now I think I've just lost a friend, or at least the closeness that I really wanted. :bang:

Due to a number of factors, I'm 22 and have never had anything like a relationship. I've apparently got the romantic maturity of a ten year old, and have no idea how to develop and stop myself from running away, or being too upfront? :eusa_doh:

Tips? Help? Please?